Monday, November 27, 2006

Request for prayer.

I've been praying every day for my new daughter Calliope. That's probably not a surprise. But just yesterday it occurred to me that there were other folks out there who would like to join with me in praying for her. So, please join my daily prayer that God would protect her heart and her smile, that her days would be filled with fun and her evenings with secure, restful sleep. Children in institutions usually have attachment disorders. Let's all start praying now that God will minimize Calliope's attachment issues and that God will prepare Starla and me to lovingly address them. Also, please note the two new links to the right. Half the Sky and China Care both do valuable work for Chinese orphans. If you are considering donating to a charity these are two fine choices.

5 comments:

Douglas R. Morrissey, MD said...

Half the Sky is way cool! I will certainly pray for Calliope!

AaronS said...

Thanks Doug. We're big fans of Half the Sky, too.

Douglas R. Morrissey, MD said...

Half the Sky is way cool! I will certainly pray for Calliope!

Douglas R. Morrissey, MD said...

Oops. I accidentally republished Doug's comment. Well, here's Leslie's. Half the Sky actually painted Christopher's orphanage playroom, donated lots of toys, and played with the children. We have lots of notes on Christopher's development from them!

One thing I noticed is that of all of our contacts of families with adopted Chinese children, none seemed to have an attachment issue! That was not the case for our contacts who adopted Eastern European children.

AaronS said...

The Chinese orphanage workers really do seem to love their babies. When they are given enough resources they often do good work. Thanks for the hopeful news about attachment Leslie. We have read good things about the SWI Calliope is in.