Friday, April 20, 2007

Back to the old blog.

I will try to post here more often for those of you who read this blog. I have been busy in China adopting my daughter. We are back home now and happy to be adjusting to EST. I have a performance coming up this weekend of Britten's cantata St. Nicolas. This is not an easy piece and I was afraid I was coming down with a cold. Happily, my health seems to have returned. I can thank my wife for letting me get some sleep while baby was up all night. I'm, also, preparing a Bach cantata for an upcoming church service. it is nice to go to a church that recognises the worship factor in Bach's music. It's not just art. So I am happy to have a lot of singing to do. But it is hard to find the focus needed with the new baby. Luckily, she loves my singing. i can put her in her high chair and she just listens to me sing scales. Sometimes she sings along.

No comments: