Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Spiked the trees.

Today I fertilized the trees. I used MIracle-Gro spikes for my three Japanese maples and most of the rest of my trees. The maples I planted 3-4 months ago are still looking good. Hopefully, the fertilizer will help and not hurt them. I, also, put down some grass seed in a couple of bare spots on the lawn. I am not sure if I have fescue or not so perhaps I will have different patches of grass in some spots. My next task is to dig up the bushes and shrubs along the driveway and plant a garden. Any tips would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Douglas R. Morrissey, MD said...

A raised bed garden is easy to make with 6X6 landscaping timbers. It drains well and you start with perfect topsoil because you put it there yourself.

AaronS said...

Thank you. I'll give it a shot.