Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Butterfly

I have been singing in the chorus for Asheville Lyric Opera's production of Madama Butterfly. The chorus part is quite easy and not much of a time/energy commitment. However, a week ago the ALO's director called me and said he had a small problem. His cover for Goro was withdrawing. He asked me to cover the part and sing a couple of the rehearsals because the person playing Goro was out of town a few days. It has been good to work real hard the past week getting the part memorized and the blocking down. But doing that and taking care of puppy and wife has been tiring. I am looking forward to getting back in the chorus. For my next role I hope to have more than a week to prepare and I hope to not be taking Ruby out twice every night. Tonight is my last night doing Goro. I am singing the dress rehearsal. Don't wish me luck.

No comments: