Friday, March 10, 2006

Ruby feels better



Ruby had a rough day yesterday. She was asleep all day except when she had diarrhea. She got rid of pretty much everything in her stomach and intestines. By the end of the day she looked like we had starved her. She was smart enough to drink a bit of water and stay hydrated but no food yesterday until about 9:00 pm. Then she had one or two pieces and got a little energy. She fought with me a little and bit our hands and feet. Just the day before she was annoying the crap out of us with all the sharp puppy bites but this time we were glad to see some life in her. She wasn't really into going to bed now that she had revived but I persuaded her that I needed some rest after cleaning up so much pee and poop and other less identifiable substances. She only had accidents twice last night. ( And the night before she hadn't had any, but I think the illness gave her less time to warn me. Also, she is so smart. All day yesterday she would try to make it to the door when she needed to go.) So this morning she was in a much better mood. She ate a little breakfast and I tricked her into taking her medicine by putting a drop of honey in my palm with the pill. Anyway here are two pictures to prove she is better.
She is checking out the flowers and then chasing my shadow.

No comments: