Friday, June 02, 2006

Sodding Day




Looks like our yard is getting a finishing touch. Scott Wilson and his son are laying sod today (in the rain, no less). I think it will look great. Our next step will be trimming shrubs and bushes and making final decisions on what to plant around the house and on the bank. I am hoping to bury a couple pipes in the front yard so that we can set up a badminton/volleyball net very quickly and easily should the need arise. Everyone knows that Starla has a college education in badminton. So watch out. As a bonus you get two Ruby pictures. By the way, I just had a glass of the Biltmore Estate Reserve Chardonnay(2003). It was pretty good but I would swear it had a nose of old sneakers.

4 comments:

papahank said...

rainy day is the best day for sodding.

AaronS said...

I figured the rain was a plus. I watered it yesterday. I'll check this afternoon to see if I gave it enough water. Nad of course I have a watering scheduled for tomorrow.

AaronS said...

Did I read that right? Is there a new blog from Cape Girardeau, MO?

papahank said...

A good soaking in the morning

every two days would work best