Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday morning


Ruby and I got up this morning around 7:30 to go out for a short walk and use the dog facilities before breakfast. She was pretty good. As usual she preferred peeing on the driveway instead of the grass. Apparently, the dew upsets her. I suppose we at least avoid some more dead grass spots this way. It would be great, though, if Ruby could figure out which way her urine would run when it hits the ground. 75% of the time she ends up standing in her own pee. Anyway after that we rolled the trash can around to the front. She thinks that is a grand game and growls and barks at the rolling wheels while she dances around the container. Sorry baby next door. Then we went back inside and I gave her some breakfast. She is so good and sits and waits for me to pour the food and tell her OK before she runs to her bowl and scarfs the ScienceDiet. As she was eating I went looking for my phone and tried to figure out what I would do with my day. When that was complete I went to collect Ruby to take her out for some coffee in Weaverville. Well, I found her upstairs in our bedroom. She was looking for Starla (who is in Vegas on business). Usually Starla is still finishing the waking up process and Ruby gets a chance to attack her with kisses. But no Starla today. Ruby looked for about two minutes. First in bed (that's the first place I would look too if I wanted to find Starla) then in the bathroom, then in the bed, then in the bathroom, etc. I know, I miss her too Ruby.

2 comments:

papahank said...

how can you drive with her in your lap?

AaronS said...

She is actually pretty calm. She just sits in one spot and wonders why she can't smell anything outside.