Monday, January 03, 2011

jie jie and di di

Quinn thinks having a big sister is a blast. Calliope taught him how to blow kisses, and now he's chasing her around the kitchen, only stopping to blow a kiss my way and then burst into giggles. Calliope thinks having a baby brother is . . . um . . . well . . . I'm sure she will get used to it.

We're still sleeping in odd patterns, and now we've added the complication of a brand new virus that we all four seemed to have picked up whilst in a flying petri dish last week. That's the bad news. The good news is that Quinn is over his fear of the dog. By the end of Day Three, he was throwing balls for her and even letting her eat goldfish crackers out of his hand. Brave kid. We've also heard him say 'dog', so we can add that to 'baba' and 'mama'. I'm pretty sure I have also heard him say 'xie xie' (thank you), but I couldn't swear to it. He likes to mumble and make tiny noises to himself, and it's hard to catch which of those are word-like. He also mumble-sings along to any song that comes up. Pretty stinkin' cute.

Another favorite Quinn memory from China . . . while we were busily packing on our last day, he took a piece of paper and a pencil and went room to room looking at the furniture, mumbling to himself, and scribbling on the paper. Then he would hand the paper and pencil to me, I would sign it and say 'check', and then hand it back and he would start the process again in another room. I guess he's seen the nannies take inventory lots of time at the SWI. :)

-starla

No comments: