Sunday, January 23, 2011

Toddler Worlds Collide

Quinn's first visit to his grandparent's house in Tennessee! His cousin Isla is just a month younger than he is, so it was pretty stinkin' cute to watch them meet for the first time.

Quinn had a great time . . . new toys, adoring grandparents, a cool new uncle, and a tiny, crazy blonde chick who followed him around and wanted to give him kisses.

Calliope was less than impressed, so she spent most of her time looking at baby pics of her mom, and playing in the princess bedroom as far from the toddler twinado as she could get.

And I got to go through my old high school yearbook, which my mom found somewhere. Hadn't seen it in over fifteen years, so that was quite the trip down Nostalgia Avenue. I guess our 20th HS Reunion would be next year? Aaaaack. So old! So very, very, very, old. I probably shouldn't attend . . . I realized by looking through the yearbook that I only actually remember about 6 people, so it would be a bit humiliating to do the whole "I'm just going to awkwardly pretend that I know who you are" for an entire evening. It's normal to remember almost nothing from your high school experience, right?

It also made me realize that my brother Keith and I will have kids in the exact same grade for the next 16 years . . . Isla and Quinn will get their driver's license together, start dating at the same time, graduate from high school the same week, etc. Gave me chills for some reason.

-starla

















No comments: