Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas music

We arrived with Christmas Music and we leave with Christmas Music. If you've ever wondered I can confirm that it's not decorations that make Christmas. GuangZhou has decorations in spades but not an ounce of Christmas spirit. That Chinese Christian family I spoke to asked me if I was enjoying Christmas in China. I said it was wonderful to celebrate Christmas in China. And it is wonderful. In the States most people celebrate Christmas by trying to give and get presents that make them feel important and worthy. Here in China, it is obvious that no one has any idea what Christmas is about. Just another festival with gaudy music and decorations. It must be an incredible blessing for Chinese Christians to be able to contemplate the incarnation of God in this world and skip over the community Christmas.

No comments: