Friday, December 17, 2010

House . . . er . . Hotel Arrest

Calliope has us all under house arrest today, which is not exactly how I had planned to spend one of our only two free days in GZ before meeting Quinn. She's only agreed to leave the room three times, and only because she was super hungry and wanted food. She and Aaron are out now looking for pizza, but she made him promise a couple of times that they would come RIGHT back. It's nice that she feels comfortable in the room, but I was hoping we'd do a bit more sightseeing and getting acclimated with the city around our hotel. But it was to be expected that she'd be more emotionally fragile than usual today, I guess. Big Change is coming soon, and she can't help but be apprehensive. A couple of times she has asked us where Quinn is, and once she said "We can't find him? We can't find Quinn in China?" And she's also had a few moments where she has asserted that *she* is the baby, and Quinn is the big sister. Ahem. Doesn't work like that, kiddo.

I took a whole bunch of pics today (of the hotel room, since that's all I have seen), but can't post them yet. We realized this morning that we forgot to pack the camera charger- d'oh! One of the cameras is charged up, but the other is running on empty. Uploading drains battery, so . . . worse case scenario, Aaron can run out to buy a new Sony camera, or find a charger somewhere. Maybe our butler can find one for us. Apparently, our suite comes with complimentary butler service. I've been calling him Stefan, but just because he appears to be German and I can't remember his name.

So I guess there could be worse places to be under house arrest than the 5 star Garden Hotel. :)

-starla

1 comment:

Doug and Katherine said...

Hi Starla, it's Katherine from Pittsburgh. I remember these moments when our Qin was 4 and we traveled to get Mei. Qin still remembers those days. She points out that Mommy was too busy with Mei and I had to spend all my time with Daddy. Although she loves her sister desperately now, for weeks she kept asking when Mei was going back to China. It was a very hard transition for her. Hope it goes easier for Calliope. My best to you all and will be anxiously waiting to hear about your visit to Gaoming.